How Can I Join?
You can become a member if you have owned a boat for at least 5 years and the sponsoring CSPS member can attest to your knowledge and responsible boating skills, and you express interest in additional boating education.
You can become a member by taking the public boating course and passing the proctored exam. Please click here for more information on our free course.
USPS Educational Requirements may be satisfied by:
- Successfully completing any USPS University seminar series
- Passing the final examination for any NASBLA-approved basic boating education course
- Graduation from the U.S. Naval Academy
- Graduation from the U. S. Coast Guard Academy
- Graduation from the Merchant Marine Academy, Deck Officer License
- Holding a U. S. Coast Guard LAUNCH OPERATOR license or above
- Members of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary who have successfully completed any CGAUX course or certification program
- Successful completion of the following courses:
- Canadian Power and Sail Squadron - Boating Course
- USCGAux - Boating Skills & Seamanship
- USCGAux - Sailing & Seamanship
- American Sailing Assn. - (ASA) Basic Keelboat Sailing Course
- US Sailing - Basic Keelboat Certification Course
- US Sailing - Keelboat Instructor Course
- US Sailing - Small Boat Instructor Course
If you have taken the home study or video version of the USPS course but have not taken the examination, arrangements can be made with our squadron to take the examination. Successful completion of this examination is a requirement for membership.
Active members must be at least 18 years of age; there are no age considerations for family members.
If you are interested in joining our Columbus squadron, please contact our membership chairpersons, by clicking the Join Now box below or call (614) 384-0245